by admin | Nov 21, 2017 | Dieting, Hunger and Fullness, Intuitive Eating, Nurtured Mama, Self Care
Get the FREE audio series for seeking peace with food this season!
This audio series is for anyone who…
– Feels stress around the holidays (know anyone like that?)
– Would like to eat intuitively but finds it challenging to honor hunger and fullness cues amidst stress, travel, lack of routine
– Seems to always find themselves “overdoing it” or emotionally eating during the holiday season
– Has an Aunt Donchaeattoomuch asking if you realllly want seconds
– Has a hard time saying NO when you don’t want to do it or you don’t want to eat it
We’ll be covering…
- Why the heck is food so tough during the holidays and what can I do about it?
- Steps to finding peace with food during the holidays
- But, what if I overdo it?
- Am I eating emotionally or eating with emotion?
- How to know when to say yes and no + cope ahead
Get it here! —–> https://www.intuitiveeatingmoms.com/free-holiday-audio-series/
by Ana R | Sep 27, 2017 | Body Acceptance, Body Image, Community, Intuitive Eating, Nurtured Mama, Uncategorized
Listen + Subscribe on ITUNES or STITCHER
We’d greatly appreciate a podcast rating and review so that we can reach more mamas and families!
– Search for the podcast in your podcast app (The Nurtured Mama Podcast)
– Scroll down and click 5 stars
– Tap “Write a Review” & enter brief review
– Press send
MEET OUR GUEST:
Julie Duffy Dillon is a Registered Dietitian, Eating Disorder Specialist, and Food Behavior Expert partnering with people on their Food Peace journey. She is trained as a mental health counselor and supervises dietitians and other health professionals to use weight inclusive and attuned eating strategies. She owns central North Carolina’s group nutrition private practice and premier source of eating disorder treatment and prevention, BirdHouse Nutrition Therapy. Julie also produces and hosts the weekly podcast, Love Food. Learn more at JulieDillonRD.com.
WHERE TO FIND JULIE ONLINE:
FREE PCOS Road Map: Your First 3 Steps Toward Food Peace with PCOS
Free Carb Craving Download Just for Nurtured Mama Podcast Listeners! Juliedillonrd.com/nurturedmama
- Julie opens up the episode sharing some of her experiences leading up to becoming pregnant, including loss and infertility struggles, and the challenges of caring for a newborn.
- She talks about her experience after childbirth and she openly shares about what she truly wanted during that time and that was to make a connection with other people. She opens up about how appearance focused comments from others made her feel during that time as a woman, mother, and body positive activist and how invalidating and intrusive this can feel – especially during that time. She also shares her experiences with comments from others after adopting her son.
- An expert in PCOS, Julie explains what women with PCOS often face when they seek treatment – dieting and weight loss recommendations – and how these recommendations not only make PCOS symptoms worse but can increase disordered eating and risk for developing an eating disorder.
- Julie also discussed the relation between cravings and PCOS. She elaborately explains the mechanism behind our cravings and how it correlates to sleep deprivation, insulin production, or even doing extreme exercises that can lead to carbohydrate cravings.